Fair Trade Futures Conference
- Maureen Fetscher
- 05 Jul, 2010
Come join me for this Amazing Celebration!
From September 10-12, 2010, the Fair Trade Futures Conference will bring together entrepreneurs, students, advocates, faith community members, concerned citizens, interested individuals, and others in Boston, MA for the largest Fair Trade event in North American history!
The event will include seminars, workshops, site visits, discussions, social activities, and an exposition of 50+ Fair Trade vendors to educate and inspire about the holistic approach to business and poverty alleviation that Fair Trade provides.
Registration closes August 1. There are scholarships available for students and producers. For information or to register, visit fairtradeconference.ning.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, check out that site to participate in interesting online forums where you can contribute your thoughts to such important questions as, "How can we promote the movement without 'otherizing' or objectifying the producers?" and "What is fair trade for? What does is seek to achieve?" and "Interested in sharing a room at the conference?"
Top 5 Reasons to Attend the Fair Trade Futures Conference
5. Learn how to bring more Fair Trade into your Life, Town, and Business
4. Meet face-to-face with the Fair Trade Artisans and Farmers behind cool Products
3. Build Relationships with the larger Fair Trade Community
2. Pick up practical advice that's tailored to your needs as an Activist, Entrepreneur, Student, etc
1. Be a part of history! Futures Conferences only happen every five years - don't wait to be a part of this growing movement for change!