MATA TEAM HOLIDAY WISH LISTS: KATIE
- Katie Gavenda
- 06 Dec, 2016
Tis the season for peppermint mochas, stockings, and…holiday wish lists! Over the next few weeks we’ll be sharing the Mata team’s dream gifts and must-haves this holiday season, so check back soon for more!
First up, our Graphic Designer and Community Manager, Katie:
I want stuff. I like stuff. But it’s hard to want stuff when so much of it isn’t “necessary” ( <– a very subjective term, in my opinion). So my wish list this year is full of products I have a real use for, all from companies who are doing some good.
- Raven + Lily journals – Handmade of recycled cotton by artisans in Northern India.
2. Schoolhouse Electric’s “Want Better Not More” print – This print is handmade via a woodblock printing process by graphic artist, print-maker and designer Anthony Burrill.
3. Pact Apparel socks (I can’t get enough.) – Handmade of organic cotton by artisans in a sweatshop-free and child-labor-free factory.
4. Cotopaxi’s Waxed Canvas Jacket – I was SO excited to discover this company! Cotopaxi makes outdoor clothing and gear that fund sustainable poverty relief, move people to do good, and inspire adventure.
5. Ten Thousand Villages’ Seed Pod Ornaments – So cute! I have a handful of seed pod birds that I love, but was excited to find ornament versions, with new animals.
6. Drawing supplies from my new favorite Andersonville shop: Martha Mae